Navigation: Home > Campus Community > USM Campus Community > Reporting > Student Data Report
1. The tables that populate the Student Data Report are updated nightly.
2. It's advisable to begin the run control id with "SDR_....".
3. Student data can only be collected from 3 terms in the past and 3 terms into the future from the date of the run.
4. Field names EMPLID, USM_Name, and FERPA should always be included on the report.
5. The report is rendered and prints landscape, thus you can include approximately 8-10 columns / fields.
6. If the FERPA flag is marked with a Y (yes), then the student's info must NOT be released.Step 1
For FIRST TIME ONLY: Click the Add a New Value tab.Step 2
Enter a "Title" for the process.
NOTE: Run control IDs cannot contain spaces.Step 3
Click the Add button.Step 4
Enter the report name you would like to appear at the top of your printed report. Limit: 30 characters.Step 5
Select the appropriate address:
1. Home: Pulls the home address. If home address does not exist, nothing appears.
2. Campus: Campus address. If campus address does not exist, home address will appear.
3. Degree: Only appears if the student has applied for graduation. Otherwise, nothing appears.
4. None: No address will appear.Step 6
Enter the term code of interest.Step 7
Enter the file name that will be used in moving your report into MS Excel.
NOTE: Do NOT use special characters, especially periods!!Step 8
Select appropriate field name by using the magnifying glass search.
NOTE 1: This will form the columns across the top of your report.
NOTE 2: The order you list the field names dictates the column order on your report.Step 9
Check the box if you want to see the info for this field on your report.
NOTE: If you check off the box, the info will still be used in your search but it will not appear on the report under a header.Step 10
Use if you want to limit the results displayed on your report. Operators include "less than," "equal to," "greater than," etc.Step 11
Enter the value that coincides with the operator selected.
Example: operator equals "greater than" and value equals "2.99" to display students with an GPA of 3.0 or higher.Step 12
This allows you to sort the info down the left-hand side of the report, such as sorting the report beginning with the highest GPA down to the lowest.
NOTE: If you do not include a sort order, it will be sorted by EmplID.Step 13
Click the + button until all field names have been entered.Step 14
1. Always include the field names: EMPLID, USM_NAME, and FERPA.
2. Click the View All link and modify (as needed) the field names, operators, values, and sort order before running the report.
3. A warning message will appear if there are too many field names / columns for the report to print landscape. In this case, delete unnecessary field names.Step 15
Click the Run button.Step 16
Choose PSUNX as the server name.Step 17
Select Web as Type.Step 18
Select PDF as Format.Step 19
Click the OK button.Step 20
Click the Report Manager link.Step 21
Click the Refresh button until the report Status is "Posted" which may take several clicks.Step 22
Click the Student Report link once the report has "Posted."Step 23
A new window will appear to display your results.
NOTE: Turn OFF all pop-up blockers!!Step 24
NOTE: Enlarge the report by using the Zoom feature.Step 25
To convert report to MS Excel (optional), click on the Details link to the right of "Posted."Step 26
Hover your mouse over the
.DAT file and RIGHT-CLICK!!Step 27
Click on "Save Target As..."Step 28
Select where you would like your report to be saved.Step 29
Click the Save button.Step 30
Click the Close button.Step 31
Open Microsoft Excel.Step 32
Click the menu button and click on Open.Step 33
Select the location where you saved the document.Step 34
Select "All Files" or "All Excel Files."
Click on the file that you just saved.Step 36
Click the Open button.Step 37
Click the Delimited option.Step 38
Click the Next button.Step 39
Check the Comma box.Step 40
Click the Next button.Step 41
Click the Finish button.Step 42
Your report will appear in MS Excel.Step 43
Table of Contents Start Topic